Sunday, April 6, 2008

so far to travel for Benihana's






















So, I may be North American, but in all my life I have never been to Benihana's. Back in '91, my prom date & I took a picnic dinner up to Ashland's Lithia Park and somehow missed that pivotal destination in teenagedom. Well this past Tuesday, quite a few years to the latter, I found myself circled around a large grill with ENLACE friends and Darcy oohing and ahhing over volcanoes of onions and flying shrimp parts.

And it was so awesome.

Sometimes the mission field is weird in ways one would never, ever expect.

PS: I should note that we were there celebrating my friend Ashley's quinceanera and the photographer of all of these photos is Ela Bueno. (Except of course the cute photo of her in her denim jacket--Darcy, took that one!)