Monday, September 10, 2007

BENEFIT CONCERT with Roby Duke!


Well, this continues to be an exciting journey of God providing more then I can think to ask. I still have a little more funding to raise before I meet my annual living expenses budget, but I am very, very close. (Quite a few people have told me that they have checks yet to mail and I am pretty sure that will meet the goal, but they aren’t in yet, so I am still waiting to count the final figures...) My goal has been to get that amount raised and then start thinking about the additional items that would benefit my ministry, but were not absolutely necessary--things like a car. But now that I am almost completely funded, I have been turning my prayers and attention to these additional needs. And almost as soon as my prayers began, an amazing opportunity just fell into my lap.

Roby Duke has been one of my favorite musicians since High School. He is an amazing guitarist, songwriter and singer. In recent years, he has played at River West a few times and each time I have been awed and encouraged by his music, his story and his sense of humor. Well, he happens to be coming through Portland in two weeks and has agreed to do a benefit concert to help me raise funds to purchase a safe and reliable car in El Salvador. So, not only do I get to hear one of my favorite musicians play, but there will also be an opportunity for me to also share about the work of ENLACE and why I am packing my bags & partnering with this amazing ministry full-time. And, as if that wasn’t enough, River West is going to help put on the whole event, so I don’t even have to stress the details. So cool!

So come on out!
Tickets go on sale this Sunday at River West, if you don’t attend the church but are interested in coming, let me know and I can make arrangements to get you tickets.
To hear some of Roby’s music, check out his latest album at: http://cdbaby.com/cd/robyduke2

And if you can’t make it, start praying!
Here are things I can use prayer for this week:


  • Spanish – Nope, still not fluent, but I do know how to say that “I like music.” Me gusta escuchar música. ;)

  • Fundraising continues – Please pray that the concert is a success musically & financially, but also that I am able to really share concisely and effectively the amazing things God is doing through ENLACE. I would not be willing to make this extreme life change if not for my passionate belief that ENLACE is going to change the entire landscape of El Salvador through their amazing model.
  • Margin - Last week I asked you to pray for margin and I really felt the answer to that prayer. I had just enough time to get things done, hang out with friends, rest and just enjoy my time. Thanks for praying and please keep it up!

I continue to be blown away by all of you and your support, love and encouragement! You are a blessing from God in my life!

No comments: