Monday, May 21, 2007

WHY I AM EXCITED TO ASK FOR YOUR SUPPORT

This will give you a good glance into my reality of late. God has communicated and proven over and over that He will provide for me, and against my logic, my anxiety, my normal self—I am simply trusting Him. And although this process is still only a few months old, a few of you have already contacted me and said that you would like to partner with me and help support this adventure. And where I would normally have fear, instead I have a great sense of expectation that I am about to see miracles. And you are a part of that miracle. Whether it be through prayer, email, checks or hugs—God has been providing for me already! I truly feel blessed and am overwhelmed with gratitude for all of you. Specific areas that I could use prayer are:

  • Continued Support – I cannot do this alone. And I am so excited to have friends and family join with me via prayer, finances or future care packages. The support already has been amazing!
  • Spanish – I’m doing what I can to learn as much Spanish as I can, but it’s hard to focus sometimes.
  • River West Transition – I love River West with all of my heart and leaving is so hard. And every time Guy preaches or we do worship or one of you tells me about the miracles in your life, it is sooo good that it makes leaving all that much harder. Please pray that I continue to move forward with hope and excitement at the next step God has for me and that the letting go will happen without too many crying fits. ;)
  • People, Time & Preparation – Clearly there is a lot to do. And there are only so many hours in a day, but my priority has been spending time with you guys. The boxes will get packed, the details taken care of somehow, but I will never replace the time I have remaining with all of you at this time in my life. I know that, but “Tina-the-planner” can get a bit stressed when there are still loose ends everywhere. Please pray for right priorities, perspective and grace with my remaining months.
  • ENLACE – There is a lot of exciting stuff happening at ENLACE and my daily prayer is for this organization that I believe is doing such powerful work. I pray that God is preparing me for the work there and I pray that God is preparing them for me.

No comments: