Saturday, August 23, 2008

just another day in san salvador
















Well, Teresita, my wonderful car has been oddly overheating over the past two weeks, so I finally called the mechanic that was recommended by the previous owner. There aren't a lot of street signs in San Sal, so the mechanic said he would meet me by a prominent monument and then I could follow him to his house/garage. Once we met up, he led me on a high speed chase which included a u turn against on coming 5pm traffic and a cross of 3 lanes to make an immediate left hand turn. (I missed that turn and had to u-turn again to get back to him!) But once we were at his house, Rafael got to business and determined that at least one part was leaking and that perhaps my radiator needed a little work. (No, I do not know what was leaking--I'm sure I don't know the word in english, let alone spanish.) He said it should take a day or two to fix and I hoped in a cab to come home.

Although I love my car, taking a cab here is fun for me because I don't have to drive and can just enjoy the sights of the city. Following are a few photos of Rafael and the ride home. If you have spent any time in SS, you will likely recognize the look of the coaster driver and the "En Dios Confiamos" (in God we trust) on the windshield. Or the odd grafitti that pops up. Or the insane traffic. Just another day in San Salvador...

No comments: