Saturday, November 24, 2007

art in el salvador

I know that a lot of you think that I have moved to a land of volcanoes and snakes to live in a mud hut, but the reality is that San Salvador is an urban center for El Salvador and there are many moments of light and culture. You just have to look for them a bit!

Thankfully my dear friend Jenny is an amazing artist and has already been introducing to some aspects of the art world in El Sal. She is hoping to join a collective of local artists called the FabriK and I got to tag along to an amazing art show about two weeks ago. Below are a few of the pieces that I particularly loved and a shot of Jenny, Jonathan and myself in front of Jenny's piece.
To see more of Jenny's artwork, visit: http://www.daveandjenny.org/ Much of her work is for sale and would make a beautiful Christmas gift, as well as support missionaries in El Salvador. So, you can buy a piece of art that is gorgegous and help make the world a better a place. If anyone is interested, contact me or Jenny and I can probably bring artwork home with me when I return on Dec. 13th!




No comments: